Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Monuments Men

Went with a neighbor to see the movie this afternoon.  I recommend this movie to anyone who admires those wonderful pieces of artwork that were preserved during the war. There was a good representation of the attempt to destroy the people and any trace of their history and culture as if they never existed. It brings to mind several questions concerning not only the famous artwork but also family and cultural history preservation.
Each photo that is posted or printed has a purpose. It has recorded a moment in time from the photographer's viewpoint.  I ask myself: what do I see, what am I recording and for whom. Sometimes, I know the answers and other times it is unclear. These reflections make me more aware when I am behind the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment