Saturday, April 5, 2014

Majestic Eagles

My first thought for our group outing was that we could get the same shot at the zoo. Kaaren, Lana, Joel and I hiked the short distance in the woods where we set up to wait and wait.  When the eagle appeared, it was a special moment.  The eagle owned this area and defended it from a bird that dared to stray near the nest.  I was able to capture these shots thanks to my new compact camera with built-in telephoto of a brand name that I don't mention. As we were preparing to depart, something came out of the nest. We first thought it might be a vulture because of the black head. Then someone in our group recalled that eaglets are dark colored the first year. Now I'm hoping that I can get back there to see the eaglet spread his wings and fly.

Hello



Morning shade

Enjoying some rays

I see something down there

Looking far afield

Eaglet


The nest in the woods

1 comment:

  1. OMG..what a great day for u!! those are amazing!! so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete