Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Going Home

Going home has many meanings to each of us at different times in our lives.  The fields where I ran barefoot as a child are plush and green.  They represented hard work in the summer and fun times when the work was finished. The home on the hill once shared by me and my three sisters has been lovingly restored.

The town along the river where I spent time at the local hangouts is still there.  Sunrise on a foggy morning brings back memories of long ago.  The old bridge that collapsed at rush hour is long gone but the memories are still vivid in my mind.  

Mom and Dad are not in that big house on the hill.  Their memories are etched in stone on another hill.  Gone from this world but not forgotten.  Mother's Day has been a good time to share family memories, honor my family and know that heaven and a reunion awaits.













The Sisterhood: Dixie, Betty, Karen, Saundra Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment